What to expect from individual therapy
Your therapy will be tailored specifically for you. We'll meet, I’ll carefully listen to you, and together we'll work toward relief and growth. My job is to offer a holding environment where we can discuss anything, and to provide experience with problems like yours without insisting you fit others' solutions. I have office hours on weekdays and weekends.
Common issues I work with
- Grief and loss
- Open/Poly Relationships
- Job dissatisfaction
- Social isolation
- Sexual issues
- Race and racism issues
- Gender identities
- Trans identities and transition
- Gay and Lesbian identity development
- Adjusting to change
- ADD and ADHD
- Panic attacks
- College stress
- Not fitting in
- Chronic illness
Fees and Insurance
- I take the following insurances in-network:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- I take some other insurances out-of-network.
- I also take direct payment.
- I have a sliding scale for folks in financial need (I reserve slots for low-income clients and students). Ask, and we'll see what we can work out.
Please feel free to learn more about my philosophy, professional background, and groups, as well as more practical considerations like directions. Leave me a phone message with any questions you may have.
Spam filters tend to filter new client e-mail.
Ted Helm, LICSW
Leaving a message is most effective!
Ted (at) thelm.net
1234 Broadway, Somerville, MA